Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Restaurant Review: O-toro in Wayne

Today is Ash Wednesday and as mentioned previously, I will be giving up alcohol for Lent.  In honor of one of my more favorite Wednesday events that I'll be missing for the next few weeks, I'd like to mention my fondness for O-toro in Wayne and their Wine Down Wednesday half price glass (or bottles) of wine. My husband and I discovered this spot in the fall of 2013 and have been hooked ever since.

O-toro is tucked into the same parking lot as the Landmark Americana Restaurant on Lancaster Ave. At first glance it can be easy to miss, due to the fact that the Landmark is much bigger, more obvious, and they share the same building space.  O-toro is definitely worth a second look though.  The inside is stylish and modern, complete with a fireplace and small bar. The restaurant provides a combination of creative sushi and tapa menu items that are always fresh, different, and delicious.  They also have great happy hour specials, and as I mentioned, you can't beat their Wine Down Wednesday.  I also just noticed that they have a BYOB Monday, which we will be SURE to check out once Lent is over!

I'm a vegetarian, so I always enjoy their edamame tapa; besides the normal salt, the edamame are topped with a spicy goodness that gives an extra flavor blast that I really enjoy.  I also like to splurge on their shoe string fries that come in a huge serving size drizzled in a truffle viniagrette.  My husband (definitely not a vegetarian) swears by the Sunflower and Amazing Tuna Rolls, along with the Tuna Nachos.

This is one of our absolute favorite weekday dinner spots, and one of the places we always agree on with our very different taste preferences.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment